Happy Tuesday! I meant to post this recipe for Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Loaded Sweet Potatoes yesterday but things got crazy! Did you see the eclipse! I hope you were able to get away from work or school or wherever you were to see it. It was pretty crazy. Here in Denver we got to see it 92% complete. It was a little eerie outside during the fullest point. I felt like I had sunglasses on because the color seemed off. We could also feel the temperature drop. And did you get a chance to look at the shadows from the trees? Way cool! I guess if you missed it, you can always wait the 7 more years for the next one. NBD.
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Loaded Sweet Potatoes
How about these Sweet Potatoes! I may be a little biased but they were delicious! When I was little, I would love when my mom would have baked potatoes “with all the junk on top” for dinner. We would have diced ham, turkey, cheese, sour cream, black olives, onion and bacon bits loaded as high as we could on top our baked potatoes. That was definitely my inspiration for this recipe with a slightly healthier take.
If you’re like me, you can’t seem to force down another grilled chicken breast and sweet potato. Staying healthy is definitely not easy but this recipe makes enough buffalo chicken to last a couple of days. Make a burrito or top a salad with it for a quick and easy lunch. Or just make a couple extra potatoes and have it again! And did you know that Franks RedHot is Paleo approved? I put the #%&* on everything!
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 1/2 Cups Franks RedHot Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Cup dairy-free plain yogurt (I like Bellwether Farms )
- 2-3 Green Onions- sliced
- 4 Strips of Pork Bacon or Turkey Bacon
- Spray the inside of the crockpot with cooking spray. Trim chicken and place in your crockpot.
- Add in the buffalo sauce, coconut oil, garlic powder and black pepper. Mix well to coat chicken and cover for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Shred the chicken using to forks to pull apart.
- Wash and prick potatoes with a fork. Microwave for 8-10 minutes or more until soft inside.
- Cook bacon in microwave according to packaging.
- Top potatoes with shredded chicken, yogurt, green onions and crumbled bacon.
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe or suggestions on other recipes you would like to see. Comment below or shoot me a message!