Dinner Under 3o Minutes
Mondays. You think you are going to get all organized over the weekend, then it hits you. Monday, like a slap in the face, it’s here already. Don’t get me wrong, I love my job. It’s just the older I get, the shorter the weekend feels and the less I seem to get done. That’s why I like to have a couple of recipes that have a few basic ingredients and can be whipped together in 30 minutes or less. This recipe for my One Pan Sausage Veggie Skillet is an easy Paleo friendly, gluten-free and healthy meal. I love one pan meals not only because they are quick and easy. The real reason is that I hate dishes. I’m sure you can relate.
If I do spend my weekend being more productive than watching old Friends reruns, I use this recipe to meal prep for the week. It is loaded with veggies and will make about 6 meals for the week. These types on one pan meals reheat well in the microwave and I can make a weeks with of lunches in less than 30 minutes!
Again, like most weekends, this one seemed to fly by. We spent the weekend celebrating my sister’s birthday. The two of us have our birthdays in August so we have to share our birthday month. We are only allowed two weeks to celebrate and not the standard one month required by most women. But somehow we have survived this long.
Friday night we tried a newer restaurant we have been by several times called Mas Kaos. Looking at the menu, I realized why they must have called it that. They have a little of everything, pizza, tacos, pasta, salads. The food is very good but we were a little disappointed in the service we had. However, the manager did do a great job to ease the situation and we will plan on going back some time because of how she handled everything.
Yesterday we went to Top Golf. While golf really isn’t my thing and I am surprised at how fun it is! I can’t wait to go back!
- 13oz Smoked Turkey Sausage
- 2 Medium Zucchini
- 2 Medium Yellow Squash
- 8 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 5 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbs. Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh Parsley for garnish- Optional
- Slice the turkey sausage into discs and place in a large bowl. Slice the zucchini and yellow squash into halved discs. Remove stems from mushrooms and slice into about 1/2 inch thick slices. Cut the red onion into large pieces. Add all to the bowl.
- Add in olive oil, garlic powder, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well to coat all pieces.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and pour in sausage/ veggie mixture.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the veggies are soft. Stir often.
- Serve warm and top with fresh parsley for garnish.
Have a great week and please comment if you tried my recipe!