Grain-free, Dairy-free, Gluten-free…Oh My!
It’s funny how a cookie seems to solve all my problems. Especially Monday’s. Or Tuesday’s that feel like Monday’s. Or even Wednesday’s. And adding almond butter makes life even better. These soft and chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies are seriously my new fave. I think I honestly have an almond butter addiction so naturally, it is a requirement for this cookie recipe.
Soft and Chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Have you ever tried those chewy Chip Ahoy cookies? My Paleo Chocolate chip cookies remind me of those, but better. Like most cookies, I find these are the best when served warm and right out of the oven.
Not only are these Paleo-friendly, they can be whipped up in a jiffy and ready for that after-dinner sweet treat I sometimes crave. I use Enjoy Life Dairy-Free Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips but you could use the regular sized chips as well. My favorite are the Dark Chocolate Chips however, those don’t ever seem to make it into a recipe when I buy them. Funny how they seem to disappear though.
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbs. Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 Cup Almond Butter
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Cup Dairy Free Mini Chocolate Chips These are my favorite
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the egg, maple syrup, vanilla, applesauce and almond butter.
- In another medium sized bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Press them down in the center slightly and form into a rounded "cookie" shape.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes before enjoying.
It’s Friday! And the weddings, engagement parties and baby showers are starting for the summer. I use the term “summer ” lightly since we got another 4 inches of snow yesterday. In Colorado, I think the saying is more like “May snow showers bring June flowers.” I have definitely learned my lesson in the past and haven’t planted any flowers yet.
We plan on keeping it low-key this weekend and relaxing with this cold weather. Maybe we will catch some live music at one of our favorite little venues, The Little Bear. Or catching up on some Game of Thrones. I have some cute outfits planned for you and a full review of our first Hello Fresh meal delivery. Any fun plans for you? Weddings? Graduations?