It’s seriously going to be almost 80 degrees here guys! It only March! I still need at least one more good day of snowboarding in the mountains. It makes me sad to think I might have to wait until next season. One of our favorite things to do during spring skiing is take our portable grill up and have a BBQ in the parking lot. It may sound a little rough, but hey, Colorado is a different place, and we all have a little redneck in us. I guess all this warmer weather does get me excited for camping.
Easy Crockpot Shredded Chicken Burrito Bowls
I’m alway up for easy. Who isn’t? I know you work long days and just want something quick, healthy and delicious to throw together after work. I made this recipe the other day because its easy and seemed to hit the spot. Shredded crockpot chicken can be used for a ton of recipes. For this one, I was craving one of those burrito bowls from Chipotle. I wanted a healthier and lighter version that didn’t make me feel weighed down after eating it. The best part about making this chicken is the leftovers. I plan on posting several other recipes where I use this easy crockpot chicken. I hope you enjoy!
- 4 Chicken Breasts- Trimmed
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Can Diced Green Chilis
- 1 can Chicken Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 2 Cups Brown Rice
- 1 Bag Frozen Corn- thawed
- 1 Can Black Beans- Rinsed and Drained
- 1 Avacado-diced
- 1 Tomato-diced
- 1/4 Red Onion- diced
- 2 Tbs. Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Tbs. Lime Juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Sour cream or plain sheep's milk yogurt
- Shredded Chedder Cheese
- Place trimmed chicken breasts, salt, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, green chilis and chicken stock in crockpot. Cook for 4-5 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- When the chiken is done cooking, use two forks to shred.
- Make your avacado salsa by adding your diced avacado, tomato onion, fresh cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook brown rice according to package. Layer about a half cup in the bottom of your bowl.
- Top your rice with shredded chicken, corn, black beans and avacado salsa.
- Add optional toppings if desired.